email me

Steve Sullivan alexbaranov86@gmail.com mikhail a salcedo-baranov

Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 4th, 2010 Blog Assignment

I thought this was a pretty interesting blog assignment.I was intrigued with how one was able to view the many different opinions of different individuals and how they were able to retrieve images into their lives. I am one that would say safety first, though I’m not always the one that likes to practice that. Every now and again I will download something onto my CPU and feel the ill effects of that (infected) download later. Having said that, I think the many safety strategies needed take are very important and vital if you are going to access the greatest medium known to man, the internet. There are so many technological advances that I am just now starting to adapt myself to and get comfortable with. Now I’m pretty good with the basics and as this semester has progressed, so have I with these different mediums.

Being a history major, there are several things that interest me or at least I feel will benefit me in the teaching force. For starters, I’m not quite sure I will blog as much as I have in this classroom, but I think there are a few things I will take with me. I don’t think I will use voicethread much when teaching. The only time I could imagine using it is when I am not in class, but even then that’s what substitute teachers are for, right? Don’t get me wrong, the 3 videos for this assignment clearly showed how technology has positively affected several classrooms; I just don’t see how it does that for many other classes, especially upper level classrooms. Being a secondary education major, that’s one issue I think I’m struggling with in the debate of technology and the class.

I went to a very diverse high school, and I must say I learned a lot about different cultures and people and it was never through voice thread or class blogs and any other form of communication through computers that influenced my cultural learning, it was through physical interactions. engaging with these people in class, sports, work and on. So that’s kind of how I feel about learning networks.

No comments:

Post a Comment