email me

Steve Sullivan alexbaranov86@gmail.com mikhail a salcedo-baranov

Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Vision of Students Today

This video is a scary and accurate depiction of today's classroom. I feel the messages that were written by the students were a look at the present and into the future. As a college student, I often feel a lack of a connection in some of my stadium classes. If a young man in a large college setting has difficulty connecting, I can not imagine the lack of connection a child may feel in a similar classroom. Teachers are underpaid and overworked and many have lost their will to be an effective teacher. With this being said, I think the children are the ones who become lost.

Ways we can avoid this as our future is by providing teachers with better training to immediately take back to their classrooms. Students deserve the best education possible where hands-on and minds-on learning can take place. Students are not prepared to transition from level to level, for example: middle school to high school, or high school to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment