email me

Steve Sullivan alexbaranov86@gmail.com mikhail a salcedo-baranov

Monday, February 15, 2010

Is it okay to be a Technologically Illiterate Teacher?

I agree with Fisch's article. This article was subjective and to the point. In this post, Fisch compares learning today to learning in the 20th century. To break this down, he compares the social acceptance of math literacy versus language arts literacy. He also mentions in his article that teachers should be held accountable when they are lacking the technological skills their students require.

I have noticed the increasing need to be technologically literate. In the past ten years of my life, I have experienced the need for learning and adapting to many forms of technology. Currently, I am trying to catch up with my peers in learning new websites and social connecting networks. To be an effective teacher, I must relate to my students socially, academically, and most importantly technologically.

1 comment:

  1. Alex I totally agree with you that to be an effective teacher we must become technological teachers. I do believe that we have to be technologically literate in order to reach the children of these days and times.

    ReplyDelete